Under direction of the Sales Manager, the Sales Representative performs a variety of responsibilities and specialized functions related to the trailer sales and some acquisition processes. This position is responsible for building a sales territory through customer relations, closing sales of new and used equipment, setting up rental and leasing opportunities, and promoting the company's products and services.
- Develop new business opportunities and manage customer relationships; contact potential customers by telephone, email, mailers, or direct visits
- Build an active prospect list to help develop a territory for dry vans, reefers, flatbeds & drop decks, lowboys & heavy haul trailers
- Actively promote and sell all types of trailers, as well as other businesses of the organization; parts, service, rentals & leasing
- Assist with marketing by promoting the company through networking opportunities, attending training & development programs, and at special events
- Develop and present sales proposals and quotes to customers
- Source inventory for customer needs; includes creating manufacturer purchase orders to acquire trailers & cooling units
- Communicate vital information to facilitate an efficient transition through the service department and outside installation companies when necessary
- Arrange cartage and manage trailer movements for sales and rental deals when necessary; create cartage purchase orders, coordinate communications between manufacturers, cartage companies and customers
- Enter new customers and vendors in CRM and update existing records as necessary; review records for duplicates, accuracy & completion
- Record all sales calls in CRM to maintain accurate documentation of quotes, company information such as size of company, type of equipment, and other detailed contact information
- Utilize CRM to meet company required standards: to create sales orders for customers, purchase orders for equipment as needed, record prospect and customer information and notes, file email correspondence, etc.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Valid driver's license
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three to five years' experience in the trailer or transportation industry
ILoca Services, Inc. is a privately owned, full service semitrailer dealership, specializing in sales, rentals & leasing, parts, and repair services. Headquarters is Aurora, IL, with 2 additional locations in Caledonia, WI, and Davenport, IA.
Our company has received many accolades and awards for performing as a Premier Dealer, including top five and top ten sales awards from multiple vendors. We are extremely proud of being recognized for our outstanding achievements such as Diamond Distributor, and President Club awards.
Mission: ILoca’s mission is to provide the best products and customer experience to the semitrailer industry by empowering ILoca employees to execute all aspects of its business with a high level of integrity, teamwork, partnership and hustle.
ILoca Services – Your Partner for The Long Haul! ®
ILoca Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race / color / religion / sex / national origin / veteran / disability / age / sexual orientation / gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.