The Business Development Specialist is responsible for growing revenue and profits by executing sales tactics to customers via site visits, phone, email, and other means.
- Educate current and prospective customers on ILoca’s product and service offerings
- Pro-actively develop new business via multiple customer touchpoints
- Gather account information to increase sales opportunities
- Establish and/or extend current relationships with customers
- Optimize call plans to maximize time on the phone and overall efficiency
- Enter quotes and orders into sales order processing systems; ensure accurate sales information including proper and accurate delivery, payment terms, and other critical order information; confirm all orders; perform follow-up and order clean-up as necessary
- Ensure high degree of customer satisfaction
- Interact with all departments to effectively meet goals
- Respond to inquiries by phone, email or through other means
- Manage email accounts effectively
- Assist with retail customer transactions and inventory management
- Additional tasks and duties may be required
- Local travel to customer sites (approximately 10%)
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Valid drivers’ license
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent education and experience preferred
- 1+ years of account service and/or sales experience preferred
- Experience in the transportation, semi-trailer dealership industry preferred
ILoca Services, Inc. is a privately-owned, full-service semitrailer dealership, specializing in sales, rentals & leasing, parts, and repair services. Headquarters is Aurora, IL, with 2 additional locations in Caledonia, WI, and Davenport, IA.
Mission: ILoca’s mission is to provide the best products and customer experience to the semitrailer industry by empowering ILoca employees to execute all aspects of its business with a high level of integrity, teamwork, partnership and hustle.
Certified Great Place to Work®.
ILoca Services - Your Partner for The Long Haul! ®
ILoca Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race / color / religion / sex / national origin / veteran / disability / age / sexual orientation / gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.