In a jam? Avoid it next time.
Coming to you from Aurora, Illinois, ILoca Services provides Illinois traffic updates. If you’d like to get them in real time like we do, consider signing up for the Illinois Department of Transportation’s IDOT in Motion Newsletter. It provides you with detailed information about traffic in and around your county, the length of projects, and the costs of repairs. Compiled below is a list of ongoing projects which affect Illinois traffic.
Illinois Traffic Updates
Updated as of June 4, 2018. All project end dates are tentative and do not account for inclement weather.
- May 31-June 15 Illinois 161 bridge closed east of Germantown. Posted detour: Illinois 160, U.S. 50, Illinois 127, and Slant Road.
- June 1-September 16 Lane reductions on U.S. 67 bridge.
- June 2-June 10 Lane and shoulder closures on bridge southbound Interstate 55 over the BNSF railroad and Grant Creek in Will County. Suggested detour: westbound Interstate 80 to southbound Illinois 47 to meet back with Interstate 55 south of the work zone.
- June 4- August Illinois 23 closed between 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. in Sycamore between Peace Road and Oakland Drive.
- June 4- Early August U.S. 6 closed between Princeton and Interstate 180. Posted detour: Illinois 26 and Interstate 180.
- June 6- June 8 Illinois 5 closed in East Moline, between Morton Drive and Barstow Road. Posted detour: Morton Drive and 40th Street.
- June 11-22 Lane closures on U.S. 34 between Seminary Street and Knox County Highway 9
If you need your own maintenance, stop by our full-service shop in Aurora, Illinois.